Archive for April, 2014
In honor of National Library Week (April 13-19) here’s a little San Diego library trivia:
One of the smaller branches of the San Diego Public Library was the Marston Store branch. As “a convenience to tourists and shoppers,” the room opened in 1917 on the 5th floor of the famed department store at 5th and C Streets. The branch closed in 1921 and its collection was moved to the new Mission Hills branch.