Archive for May 18th, 2010

18th May
2010
written by Richard

For nearly fifty years the San Diego Public Library used bookmobiles to bring library service to greater San Diego.   Elementary schools and shopping centers were regular stops for the library-on-wheels.  Read more about the Bookmobiles.

18th May
2010
written by Richard

The San Diego Public Library began in 1882.  San Diego’s “literary resort” was the second floor of a bank building at Fifth and G, where it shared space with a dentist’s office. 

Read more about the first Public Library.